* Lens on the Texas Frontier by Lawrence T. Jones III.
* The Red River Campaign The Union’s Final Attempt to Invade Texas by Gary D. Joiner (for State House Press).
* Letters from Prison: Jefferson Davis to his Wife, 1865–1866 edited by Felicity Allen (for Texas Review Press).
* Women of War: Selected Memoirs, Poems, and Fiction by Virginia Women Who Lived Through the Civil War edited by Casey Clabough (for Texas Review Press).
* The River Was Dyed with Blood: Nathan Bedford Forrest and Fort Pillow by Brian Steel Wills.
* Battles and Massacres on the Southwestern Frontier: Historical and Archaeological Perspectives edited by Ronald K. Wetherington and Frances Levine [chosen for Civil War period content of Adobe Walls ('64) and Sand Creek ('64)].
* Living Hell: The Dark Side of the Civil War by Michael C.C. Adams.