- King Cotton Diplomacy: Foreign Relations of the CSA (3rd edition) by Frank L. Owsley.
- The Fate of Texas: The Civil War in the Lone Star State ed. by Charles Grear.
- The Lincoln-Douglas Debates: The Lincoln Studies Center Edition eds. Rodney O. Davis and Douglas L. Wilson.
- The Lincoln Assassination: The Evidence eds. Edward Steers and William C. Edwards.
- Confederate Phoenix: Rebel Children and Their Families in South Carolina by Edmund Drago.
- Gustavus Vasa Fox of the Union Navy: A Biography by Ari Hoogenboom.
- Faces of the Confederacy: An Album of Southern Soldiers and Their Stories by Ronald Coddington.
- Abraham Lincoln: A Life by Michael Burlingame.
- The Rifle Musket in Civil War Combat: Reality and Myth by Earl Hess.
- Seeding Civil War: Kansas in the National News, 1854–1858 by Craig Miner.
- Kentuckians in Gray: Confederate Generals and Field Officers of the Bluegrass State ed. by Bruce Allardice and Lawrence Hewitt.
- Virginia at War, 1863 eds. William C. Davis and James I. Robertson.
- Jefferson Davis and the Civil War Era by William Cooper.
- The Papers of Jefferson Davis, Volume 12 ed. by Lynda Lasswell Crist, Suzanne Scott Gibbs, Brady Hutchison, and Elizabeth Henson Smith.
- Thomas Ewing Jr.: Frontier Lawyer and Civil War General by Ronald Smith.
- The Making of a Southerner: William Barclay Napton's Private Civil War by Christopher Phillips.
- Confederate Colonels: A Biographical Register by Bruce Allardice.
- Lincoln's Veteran Volunteers Win the War: The Hudson Valley's Ross Brothers and the Union's Fight for Emancipation by D. Reid Ross.
- Antietam, South Mountain, and Harpers Ferry: A Battlefield Guide by Ethan Rafuse.
- Shenandoah 1862: Stonewall Jackson's Valley Campaign by Peter Cozzens.
- Disunion! The Coming of the American Civil War, 1789–1859 by Elizabeth Varon.
- Freedom: A Documentary History of Emancipation, 1861–1867 Series 3, Volume 1: Land and Labor, 1865 eds. Hahn, Miller, O’Donovan, Rodrigue, and Rowland.
- Mutiny at Fort Jackson: The Untold Story of the Fall of New Orleans by Michael Pierson.
- Gender and the Sectional Conflict by Nina Silber.
- North Carolinians in the Era of the Civil War and Reconstruction ed. by Paul Escott.
- Missouri's War: The Civil War in Documents ed. by Silvana R. Siddali.
- A Just and Righteous Cause: Benjamin H. Grierson's Civil War Memoir ed. by Bruce J. Dinges and Shirley A. Leckie.
- Cumberland Blood: Champ Ferguson's Civil War by Thomas Mays.
- Andersonvilles of the North: The Myths and Realities of Northern Treatment of Civil War Confederate Prisoners by James Gillispie. (UNT)
- Confederate Struggle for Command: General James Longstreet and the First Corps in the West by Alexander Mendoza. (TAMU)
- Texas Confederate, Reconstruction Governor by Kenneth Wayne Howell. (TAMU)
- Texas Civil War Artifacts by Richard Mather Ahlstrom. (UNT)