Thursday, August 16, 2007

More book and author news

While writing the previous post, I knew I was forgetting a book I am particularly excited about reading. It's Steven Mayeux's Earthen Walls, Iron Men: Fort DeRussy, Louisiana, and the Defense of Red River (University of Tennessee Press, 2007), and is available now.
-----------------
I received a nice note from author Ted Mahr in the form of a comment to my recent interview with Shenandoah Valley scholar Scott Patchan (go here and scroll down to the bottom). The good news is that Mr. Mahr indeed has been hard at work revising and expanding his earlier study of the Battle of Cedar Creek for publication. He mentions that:
This new edition, as Scott predicted, is a much more balanced and detailed rendition of the battle based on hundreds of new primary source materials -- both Union and Confederate. It also encompasses a much greater time-span and covers in detail the myriad cavalry operations and other actions that, to date, have not been adequately covered.
Sounds great to me!
-----------------

Civil War author Paul Taylor has converted his With Sword and Pen to blog format. It is nice to see a blog devoted to collecting. As I concentrate on current books and those written after 1960, I look forward to Taylor's informative posts about older volumes. Welcome, Paul.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks Drew! I hope it will be fun and I know I'll learn a lot about "book blogging" from your site.

    ReplyDelete

***PLEASE READ BEFORE COMMENTING***: You must SIGN YOUR NAME when submitting your comment. In order to maintain civil discourse and ease moderating duties, anonymous comments will be deleted. Comments containing outside promotions and/or product links will also be removed. Thank you for your cooperation.